SHS Daily Bulletin
Friday, March 14, 2014
A teacher is a person who never says anything once.
- We are on the 30-minute Advo schedule TODAY.
- Juniors and Seniors who have FIRST Period Free: LaCombe and Edwards are looking for some exceptional students to help out in AVID a couple days a week. This opportunity will look great on resumes and college applications. Please contact them about how you can help.
- AVID is looking for community volunteers to come in on Tuesday and Thursday mornings for an hour to assist students with facilitated tutoring. For more information please contact Bill LaCombe or Kevin Edwards at 427-5631.
- WRMS-FCCLA is sponsoring a Penny War between the 7th and 8th grades, for the next two weeks starting Monday, March 3rd and going through Friday, March 14th. Money raised will go to our local food bank. The rules are: - 1. The most money wins! – 2. Pennies count as one cent BUT silver coins and paper money (including checks) count AGAINST that team. 3. You can only play at WRMS lunch. Penny jars will be set up during the WRMS lunch, and the winning class will get root-beer and orange floats.
- There is a sign up sheet for fall high school football. If you are in grades 8-11 and are interested in playing next year sign up in the office so Coach Waymire can get you important information about playing next season.
- There will be an SHS-FCCLA Prom Dress Exchange Meeting next Tuesday – March 11th at lunch in Ms. McIntire’s room.
- SHS and WRMS Wrestlers: There will be a wrestling dessert banquet on March 12th at 6pm in the cafeteria. Bring a favorite treat to share.
- SENIOR PARENT MEETING next Wednesday March 12, 6pm High School Teachers Lounge. Please attend the meeting to help us in organizing the May 10th golf tournament, the April 19th track invitational and of course the June 7th BIG party for our kids! MARK your calendar for Casino Night May 17th, join us for a night of fun and games! Hope to see new faces at our meeting!
Busy schedule? No time to fix dinner between work, practice and school activities? Come join us for a
SPAGHETTI FEED !! Feed your family and give the cook a break!
Coming to Spring Celebration? Take it easy and bring your family to the SHS cafeteria for a Spaghetti Dinner.
Spaghetti, Salad, Bread, Beverage- $5- Adults, $2- children (5 and under) $20- for family
Come from 5:30 – 7:30 and enjoy a good meal with your family
All proceeds help the Junior class with Prom 2014.
- Seniors: The Civil Service Commission Board for the Sheriff’s Dept is looking to hire a secretary to take minutes at their monthly meetings which are held on the last Friday of the month, from 2-3. Resumes and letters of interest can be sent to: 1672 Metzger Road, Carson, WA 98610. For more information contact Brenda Bush at (360)921-3935.
- The fire doors will be closed during both WRMS and SHS lunch. Classes are in session during both lunches and students need a quiet environment to do their work. Please be respectful and do not go through these areas without permission.
- The 2014 Summer Reading Bookmark contest is now open to all students, Kindergarten through 12th grade. For more information, visit our downtown library or www.fvrl.org. Contest ends Monday, March 31st.
Microsoft Portland is excited to announce that DigiGirlz 2014 is open for registration. Please join us on March 7th for a full day of great activities: hands on development, mock interviews, product demos, product pitches, and more. It is a great opportunity to meet other young ladies interested in technology while connecting with Microsoft employees in their work environment.
Come dream about your future possibilities, share your great ideas and have a lot of fun with a technology leader!
The event is free; registration is now open on a first come, first served basis.
Learn more and register at: www.digigirlz.com Choose "DigiGirlz Day" and select the Portland, OR location.
- Current Running Start students: The Spring Quarter schedule for Clark College will be available online February 7. You must complete an Enrollment Verification Form with the counselors, then register for Spring classes. Spring registration will take place the week of February 24. Log on to your account through Clark to get your specific registration date/time. Spring classes will begin April 7
- Seniors: You should begin work on the local scholarship opportunities, due in April. Link to the SHS Local Scholarship Packet and the Florence Jessen Memorial Scholarship through our school website then click on the counseling link.
- Do you know how to prevent catching a cold or the flu? Get at least 8 hours of sleep each night, eat healthy, wash your hands frequently, and do not share food or drinks with others. If you think you have the flu, check-in with your doctor and stay home after you have called the office to let us know you are sick.
ATTN: Senior Parents!! We need to get photos of your graduate for the slide show for the senior banquet. Please submit 6 photos or whatever you can find of your child when they were a baby, grade school, etc . We also would like group photos as well. Please email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave photos at office for Kristen West. We need these photos ASAP as this takes time to prepare. Please submit by March 17th.
ALSO Mark your calendar for the Senior Class golf tournament which is May 10. We are looking for teams and need sponsorship. It is a very fun day and it is our biggest fundraiser of the year. If you can not volunteer your time to help with fundraising please play golf or donate money or a prize. June 7 will be here before we know it and we need to get support from ALL senior parents so the kids can have a great all night drug-free and alcohol-free party.
- Senior Parents—thanks to those of you who have submitted your child’s ad. For those of you who would like to secure a spot for your senior, please call or email. The entire yearbook must be submitted to the plant in mid-March so we are running out of time. Ads start at $30.
- Don't forget about Lunch time Study Hall - WRMS will meet in room 33 with Ms. Black. SHS will meet in room 12 with Ms. Huber. Bring your classwork or a good book. The room will be quiet and you can get help if you need it.
- Do not forget to add money to your lunch account. You cannot charge lunches against your account.
Lunch Menu: Chicken Burger with Tator Tots, Orange Wedges, and a Cookie.