SHS Daily Bulletin
A teacher who is attempting to teach without inspiring the pupil with a desire to learn is hammering on cold iron.
- Prom is Saturday, May 3rd at The Dalles Civic Auditorium. If you buy your ticket before April 25 it is only $30. After that it is $35. Guest permission forms are available and due back to the office by Wednesday, April 30th.
- The Sheriff’s Office Explorer program is looking for volunteers interested in a career in community service. Training includes firearms and firearms safety, first aid/CPR, building searches, navigation, basic survival, investigations, traffic stops, defensive tactics and classes in criminal law. If you are between the ages of 14-21 and looking for a way to serve your community please sign up at the front office on the sign-up sheet.
- WRMS and SHS students: The Second Annual WRMS/SHS Chess Championship will be held in the Library beginning May 5th. Signups can be found in at the Library front desk. The winning students from each school will receive a super duper cool trophy. Talk to Mrs. Yeadon or Mr. Barton for more information.
- SENIOR PARENTS WE NEED PHOTOS OF YOUR SENIOR FOR THE JUNE 5TH SLIDE SHOW. Please email any baby or fun group childhood photos to firstname.lastname@example.org by MAY 7th. It takes a lot of time to put the show together so the sooner the better. If your photos are old, please scan and email . If you do not have a scanner, please leave photos at front office for Kristen West. Any questions? Call Judy at 541-806-1436
ATTN: GOLFERS!! Our SHS GRADUATING SENIORS ANNUAL FUNDRAISER GOLF TOURNAMENT is Saturday May 10. The proceeds go to the graduating seniors all night Drug and Alcohol free party. Please support this good cause, find a partner! We have GREAT prizes, a raffle and fun fun fun! This is our biggest fundraiser so mark your calendar and spread the word. Contact Judy at 541-806-1436 for sign up forms and more information.
- Congratulations to our newest students of the quarter. The following students are recognized for their excellent academics, great school spirit, and community involvement. SHS & WRMS are proud of: Kessandra Rhodehamel, Carter Langeslay, Marissa Carter, Braden Waymire, Skylar Harrington, Esther Bedjan, Ivan Rhodehamel, Seierrah Shier, Jacob Isaacson, Audriane Shipman-Kardinal, Evan Wiebe, and Veronica Pinson.
- Those interested in Forest Youth Success - currently we do not have information about the summer program. As soon as it becomes available we will make an announcement in the bulletin.
- A reminder to student driver/athletes: If you are driving to school and then to Carson to practice, you need to have two forms filled out and on file in the office. Please take care of this ASAP. We will be checking our records. If the form is not on file it will affect eligibility.
- AVID is looking for community volunteers to come in on Tuesday and Thursday mornings for an hour to assist students with facilitated tutoring. For more information please contact Bill LaCombe or Kevin Edwards at 427-5631.
- The fire doors will be closed during both WRMS and SHS lunch. Classes are in session during both lunches and students need a quiet environment to do their work. Please be respectful and do not go through these areas without permission.
- Don't forget about Lunch time Study Hall - WRMS will meet in room 33 with Ms. Black. SHS will meet in room 12 with Ms. Huber. Bring your classwork or a good book. The room will be quiet and you can get help if you need it.
- Do not forget to add money to your lunch account. You cannot charge lunches against your account.
Lunch Menu: Hamburger with Lettuce and Tomatoes, French Fries, Apple, and a Cookie.
Tennis vs Tenino
Baseball vs Washougal
Track Home: McKee Invitational