SHS Daily Bulletin
I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.
Happy last day of school!! Students will be release at 12:10 Have a great summer and be safe. We will see you in the fall on August 27th.
- Attention 8th grade students! The deadline to submit your application for College Bound Scholarship is June 30, 2014. This is the last chance 8th grade students will have to submit this application, ever. The College Bound Scholarship covers 4 years of tuition, and it can be used at 68 of Washington’s 4 year colleges, community colleges and many trade programs. The application is very easy to fill out and it is available on our website. Please contact the counselors you have any questions about this scholarship. Do not miss out on this free money!
- Remember the dress code and wear clothing that is school appropriate. If your skirt or shorts are too short or your undergarments are showing you will be asked to change or go home. If you argue with the teacher or refuse to change into appropriate clothing it will be a referral.
- Reminder to student fire fighters: You must check out in the office. Then check back in when you return. We are responsible for knowing where you are.
- Don't forget about Lunch time Study Hall - WRMS will meet in room 33 with Ms. Black. SHS will meet in the counseling room with Ms. Huber. Bring your classwork or a good book. The room will be quiet and you can get help if you need it.
- A reminder to student driver/athletes: If you are driving to school and then to Carson to practice, you need to have two forms filled out and on file in the office. Please take care of this ASAP. We will be checking our records. If the form is not on file it will affect eligibility.
- AVID is looking for community volunteers to come in on Tuesday and Thursday mornings for an hour to assist students with facilitated tutoring. For more information please contact Bill LaCombe or Kevin Edwards at 427-5631.
- The fire doors will be closed during both WRMS and SHS lunch. Classes are in session during both lunches and students need a quiet environment to do their work. Please be respectful and do not go through these areas without permission.
- Do not forget to add money to your lunch account. You cannot charge lunches against your account.
Wednesday: Last day. Students out at 12:10.