SHS Daily Bulletin
Some people dream of success, others Make it Happen!
All Students and Families.
- The cheerleaders are hosting a shoe drive for Clothes for the Cause. To help them with this fundraiser, donate your unwanted PAIRED shoes. Drop box location is at the Stevenson Swim Pool and they will be collecting until August 25. They can also accept roller skates, slippers, ski boots and pretty much anything you can wear on your feet.
Our School-wide goal for this quarter is to improve punctuality to class. The first 15 minutes of the class is the most important.
Be on Time! Our first goal is to reduce the number of tardies by 20%.
- Informational night at Stevenson High School with the Department of Vocational Rehab on April 27th at 5:30 PM. This presentation will be focused more on high school aged students with disabilities that will need supports to enter the workforce, but parents of younger aged students with special needs are encouraged to learn about the services that DVR offers as well. For more information contact Dr. Benton Dorman at 760-898-1780.
WRMS Students and Families
- The 8th Grade Community Tea is right around the corner on May 6th! We need your help to make it a success. Please to send addresses of the people who your student is inviting so your student can send them an invitation from school. Please get those to your student’s advo teacher as soon as possible. Also, let the advo teacher know if your student does not have a grandparent or other guest to invite as we have other community members that need an escort. Also, we would appreciate it if students could bring cookies or other easy-to-serve treats for our guests. Bring them to school the morning of the event.
SHS Students and Families
- Insitu summer internships applications in the counseling office and are by May 10. These internships are valuable opportunities to acquire on-the-job skills in a STEM work environment.
- The AVID program is now taking applications for the 1617 school year. Please see Ms. Marino or a counselor if interested. Applications are due by May 5th.
- 2016 prom theme is Enchanted Evening at the Columbia Gorge Hotel on Saturday, May 14 from 8 to 11 PM. Prom tickets are $30 and will be on sale from Monday, May 2 through Friday, May 13. Guest permission slips are available in the office and must be signed and returned by Tuesday, May 10 before 3 PM.
- Senior Parents...please begin gathering photos for the senior slide show that will show during the banquet. We would like a baby picture, one senior photo, 1 or 2 other pics and any group photos you would like to share. Email photos to email@example.com or make arrangements to get photos to Andra Mobley so se can scan them in and give originals right back to you. Many thanks to Brian Morris for agreeing to put this together! Deadline for submission of photos is May 27, 2016
- Students: Please remember, ONLY Juniors and Seniors who are in good standing with proper permission may leave campus at lunch. Freshman and Sophomores do not have off-campus privileges. Student may not give rides to other students during the school day.
- Junior Golf Program at Beacon Rock Golf Course will start on Wednesday June 1st at 3:00pm. Contact William Konoske at 503-810-2015 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SHS students - are you interested in getting a job? Check the board in the counseling center for job announcements! We currently have announcements from Beacon Rock State Park, Sternwheeler & Port of Cascade Locks, Cascade Mountain School, and the Bonneville Dam/US Army Corps of Engineers. New opportunities come available weekly.
Chicken Nuggets, Brown Rice, Broccoli Normandy, and Peaches
Activities this Week
SHS Soccer vs. La Center - Home! - JV (if possible) 4:00, V 6:00
SHS Baseball vs. King's Way - Home! - 3:00, 5:00, Release Time 2:15
SHS Tennis @ White Salmon - 3:30, Leave time 2:00
SHS Track @ Kalama - 3:45, Leave Time 1:15
SHS Baseball JV @ King's Way - 3:00, 5:00, Release Time 2:00
SHS Soccer vs. King's Way - Home! - JV (if possible) 4:00, V 6:00
SHS Tennis vs. Three Rivers Christian - Home! - 3:30, Release Time 2:15
WRMS Track @ Castle Rock - 3:45, Leave Time 1:15
SHS Baseball @ King's Way - 4:00, Leave Time 2:00