SHS Daily Bulletin
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Teaching is a calling, not a choice. Mary Ann Alexander
- There will be a Pep Assembly on Friday, September 5th in the grand stands. Come see the SHS staff get wet in support of ALS as we participate in the Ice Bucket Challenge.
- Students: Please be mindful of the dress code. Although the weather is still warm, short shorts and skirts are not appropriate. Muscle shirts that show the chest or undergarments are not suitable for school. Shirts should appropriately cover the chest and be long enough to cover the midriff an back. If you are not dressed appropriately a staff member will ask you to change. Should you refuse to change it will be a referral.
- Mr. Barton will be hosting the first meeting of the Chess Club on Tuesday at lunch in the library. Eat your lunch first then come to play.
- Athletes going out to Carson after school, please note which bus you are to ride: Bus 9 (Apple) – Football; Bus 3 (Pear) - Volleyball.
- Picture day is Friday, September 5th. Picture packets are available from your ADVO teacher or in the office. Please remember that hats cannot be worn in the pictures.
- Students: your Big Binder should be going with you to EVERY class. The list of contents for your binder is on the website under the "Welcome Back" article. The Big Binder is required for ALL students.
- The fire doors will be closed during lunch periods for both WRMS and SHS. Classes are still in session during lunch. Please be respectful and do not disrupt their learning.
- Back to School Dance for HIGH school students is Friday September 5th after the football game until 11:00 - $2 with spirit wear(school colors, fan crew stuff) and $5 without.
- Homecoming will kick off on Friday, September 26 with color wars. Start talking to your your class advisor about Spirit Boards, Lip Syncs, and other competitions.
Teriyaki Chicken with Brown Rice, Steamed Broccoli, and Peaches.