The summer is flying by and the school year will be here before we know it. We will be putting letters to families in the mail on August 5. It will include a number documents including free/reduced application, supply lists, class placement, medication forms and an additional calendar. On another note, the district e-mail address have all changed, but the former e-mails are being forwarded. They use to be: email@example.com and has changed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016-17 Supply List
Students who are enrolling at Carson Elementary are asked to come in and register prior to the start of school. Those students who attended Stevenson Elementary last year need not register at Carson Elementary. Office hours begin on August 24st from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. New student enrollment will take place starting, August 26th.
Families are invited to attend Carson’s Welcome to School Night on Monday, August 29st at 6:00 - 7:00p.m. During this event, you will have the opportunity to meet your child’s teacher, see your child’s classroom, tour the school, sign up for PTA, deposit money into lunch and breakfast accounts, etc. We look forward to seeing you on Monday, August 29st at 6:00 -7:00 p.m.
First Day of School
The first day of school is Wednesday, August 31st. Classes begin each morning at 8:45 a.m. and dismiss at 3:35 p.m. Doors will open at 8:20 a.m. each morning.
School supply lists are posted on the office window of the school. The lists suggest supplies that each grade level would like students to bring on the first day of school or on the Welcome to School Night before school starts. If it is a hardship for your family to provide your students with these supplies, please do not hesitate to contact the school office ((509) 427-5939), and we will arrange for your student to have all the needed supplies for the first day of school.
Summer Office Hours
The office will be open from Wednesday, August 24st through Tuesday, August 30th from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Summer Reading Enrichment
Every week this summer, Renaissance Learning will be announcing free math and reading activities via social media. Each activity will combine summer themes and fun activities to motivate your students and celebrate the joy of learning over the summer months—leading to success at the start of the new school year. Please click on the picture and visit their web site to learn about the activities.
IXL for math work is available at www.ixl.com. Students should know their username and passwords.
Important information to note:
- School Hours: 8:45 am - 3:35 pm
- Doors open: 8:20 am Walkers report to the front doors. Bussers will enter through the north door (5th and 6th graders) or the Cafeteria Door (3rd, 4th and breakfast eaters).
- Breakfast served: 8:20 am – 8:35 am
- Second household/Emergency information: If your child does not live with you full-time and you would like second household information mailed to your home, please contact the school office. Please update your emergency information sheets anytime there are changes.
- Restraining orders/parenting plans: If you possess a restraining order against another person or if you have a parenting plan, it is very important that you provide our office with the most current documents bearing the signature or stamp of a judge. We are legally unable to deny parent contact with a child unless the proper documents are on file in our school.
- Free and reduced meals program: If you feel you may qualify for the free or reduced lunch/breakfast program, please complete a form and return it to our office at any time.
- Bus transportation: If you need bus information, please call the transportation office at 427-5277.
- Medication at school: Any medication given at school must be stored in the office and accompanied by an “Authorization for Administration of Medication” form. If your child needs to take medication the first day of school, please pick up and complete this form prior to the first day. A physician’s signature is also required on this form.
- Walkers and private transportation: Please remember to drop off and pick up children near the office. This area is a non-idle zone and we ask that everyone use the crosswalks. Please avoid parking in no parking and handicap zones.
When driving in the area around our school buildings, please drive slowly and watch for children.
If you ever have any questions or concerns please call the office or send me an e-mail.